For me, and I’m sure many others of you, it is slowly dawning on me that my time at UEA is coming to an end. So, I’ve been compiling a list of things I want to do before I leave Norwich. I’ve already purchased my Soul Train ticket for 27 April (I’ve lived here for four years, and I still haven’t been yet…); I’m preparing myself for the Derby Day LCR – the only major LCR of the year I have yet to go to; and, after reading Venue’s “Live Music in the Big City” feature on page 30, I am putting an evening aside to go to Rumsey Wells, if only because I have learned they sell Pieminister pies.

I’m also preparing myself for the last issue of Venue. For those of you who haven’t heard, we were nominated for several SPAs (Student Publication Awards), so I’d like to say a huge thank you to all the writers and artists who have contributed to Venue over the course of this year. And, for those of you who have always wanted to write for us, but haven’t quite gotten around to, it’s not too late! Keep an eye out for our content calls, and get writing for the next (and final!) issue.

Even more excitingly, Venue’s editorial applications will be opening soon, so make sure to keep checking our members’ page for deadline dates. I couldn’t recommend taking on an editorial role enough; I’ve learned so much, both as Venue editor this year and as Arts editor last year. If you have any questions about the sort of things these roles involve, feel free to drop us an email.

Until next week, enjoy this issue of Venue, and be sure to make the most of the last few weeks of the academic year!