Somehow, we have reached the last Venue of the semester. And what better opportunity to take a look back at all the things that have been going on in the arts world over the last twelve weeks?

Here at UEA, we saw the launch of the much-anticipated Russia exhibition at the Sainsbury centre and added a new sculpture to our growing collection. Some of the biggest names in the crime writing genre were welcomed to UEA’s lecture theatres at the Noirwich crime writing festival, and the annual UEA literary festival was, as usual, a big success. This year was particularly special as we welcomed UEA alumni Kazuo Ishiguro and 2017 Nobel literature prize winner back onto campus.

Taylor Swift has graced the pages of our music section on multiple occasions, both for her ticket touting controversy and her hotly anticipated new album. We’ve also seen the release of new exciting new albums from The Stereophonics and The Killers, and mourned the death of music icon Tom Petty.

Film editor Gus enjoyed four weeks reporting on London’s film festival whilst gaming editor Charlie spent a day reviewing Norwich’s NorCon gaming festival. Our arts writers have reviewed for Norwich Theatre Royal, as well as the Noirwich and UEA Literary festivals. Meanwhile, our creative writers have been brilliantly reimagining UEA in their prose and poetry. We’ve also published some beautiful illustrations and photographs by UEA’s very own artists.

The next twelve weeks are looking to be big for the art world as well, (did someone say Eminem’s new album?! Out on 15 December, if you’re interested), so be sure to drop us an email and get involved in the new year. And in the meantime, happy Christmas from Venue!