It’s a new year and you want a fresh and radiant glow to add to your everyday routine. Then you will be looking for a BB or CC cream. Time to know your acronyms; a BB cream is a beauty blemish cream and a CC cream is a colour correcting cream and depending on whether you want your base coat to achieve a cover up of spots or to reduce redness, you will be recommended one of these by a cosmetics assistant with a good knowledge of skincare. Clinique has a brand image which suggests scientific knowledge of ingredients which work well on different skin types. They are dermatological and often have a great selection of full coverage foundations. Their BB creams are just as coverage-focused without the thickness. For anyone who is spot conscious the Anti Blemish BB Cream, which has SPF40, is a mattifying cream which is perfect for those with oily skin. On the other hand, those looking for a CC cream might try the IT Cosmetics ‘Your Skin But Better CC+ with SPF5’. This CC cream is described as a ‘Sunscreen’ and is perfect for those with dry skin and prone to pigmentation. If you are wincing at the price tags of these high-end designer brands, then do not fear because L’Oréal’s Nude Magique Anti-Redness CC Cream does a great job for more than half the price. As with all things skincare be aware of allergies and for more serious skincare always consult a dermatologist.