Next week the drama studio will host this year’s production of Cabaret: A Night at the Musicals. The Cabaret cast have been rehearsing hard alongside their academic commitments for six weeks to bring a night of all-singing, all-dancing musical entertainment to raise money for their chosen charities.

Photograph: Chloe Hashemi

“This year it’s all about the kids,” director Jon Cobb tells Venue, “the production will be fundraising for ACODO (Assisting Cambodian Orphans and the Disabled Organization) and the Elimu foundation.”

Both charities are holistic non-profit organisations which work with children and their communities to support education, health care and shelter.

“Cabaret is about making people happy, and it’s a win-win”, says Jon, “it’s an opportunity to make a better world for those who aren’t as fortunate as ourselves, and it provides an evening of entertainment for our audience in Norwich.”

“We enjoy it too!” adds dance choreographer Rachel Moss.

The cast is made up of 20 singer-dancers and five dancers, and they will be performing a whopping 24 songs on the night. Each year the Cabaret cast keep their programme under wraps, but this year their publicity material is made up of six clues as to the numbers they will be performing on the night. Intriguing, isn’t it?

The performances are at 7.30 on the 14 – 16 of February. You can’t buy tickets because it is a charity event, but will be asked to make a donation on the evening. All money raised will go straight to ACODO and the Elimu foundation, and the cast guarantee you will have a fun-filled evening.

“Bring your friends, family and loose-change, and we defy you not to sing-along!” says Rachel.