Norwich City fans revelled in delight after  Nelson Oliveira scored a last minute goal, equalising the scores to 1-1 against 10-man Hull City at Carrow Road. The Tigers seemed to be in control, heading towards a comfortable first away win after Nouha Dicko secured his first goal by passing the oncoming Angus Gunn.

It was not a smooth match for Hull City, as David Meyler was sent off after 57 minutes for a second bookable offence. Hull’s midfielder,  received an injury-time booking which excludes him from next month’s play-off first leg. Meyler was given a yellow card 24 minutes into the game after his late tackle on James Maddison. He was previously sent off for pulling down Yanic Wildschut. Oliveira’s close range flick extended Norwich City’s unbeaten record to eight games. The team have surpassed Ipswich Town into eighth in the Championship table.

Following their 4-0 loss against Millwall in August, Norwich have won four and drawn two of their six league matches. Hull City improved their standing in the Championship table by two places, making them 15th. The club’s top scorers have bagged five goals away from home this season.

Daniel Farke, Norwich City’s boss, told BBC Radio Norfolk: “I’m so happy for the lads that they were able to score in the end. We totally deserved at least a point.

“Sometimes it is brilliant to have an easy game and win 5-0 but a moment like this is the most amazing in football.”Farke’s excitement at Oliveira’s 96th minute goal may have got the better of him, as he was threatened with being sent off by Mr Stroud, following his on-pitch celebrations. He stated to the EDP: “I was really quite anxious at the time because in my whole career as a head coach, nearly ten years, I was never sent off. ” He continued:  “We won 65% of all our duels and normally it is the defending team who win those. Sometimes small situations determine games and in that situation in the first half we were really sloppy .” Hull coach Leonid Slutsky told BBC Radio Humberside: “We showed character and good discipline”

“I’m proud of our level and how well we played, especially after an international break. Seven of our 11 of our players were away with their national teams.”