While Norwich City may not be having their best of seasons, currently sitting ten points below the play-off places in 13th in the Championship, one player who has still shown glimpses of quality is midfielder Alex Pritchard.

The 24 year old midfielder’s form in recent weeks, including a lively showing against Chelsea last week, drew admiration and led to a reported £11 million bid from Premier League new boys Huddersfield Town, which the Canaries have now accepted.

Perhaps somewhat outshone by the extraordinary amounts clubs have already been paying in the January transfer window, most noticeably Phillipe Countinho’s $146 million move from Liverpool to Barcelona, Pritchard’s move still represent a big coup for Huddersfield and loss for Norwich.

Since arriving from Tottenham in the summer of 2016, Pritchard had gone from strength to strength at Norwich, scoring eight goals and creating a further eleven. It is this sort of form which Huddersfield boss David Wagner will hope can help his club retain their Premier League status.

Before signing Pritchard, Wagner had admitted his liking for Pritchard, telling the The Yorkshire Post “I like him”. Though the German manager seemed unsure as to the certainty of the transfer, stating, “I have my doubts if he will play for us because I know how expensive British players are in this window.”

Nevertheless, the Terries’ over £10 million bid was enough to convince Norwich to sell their former England u21 playmaker, having previously seen a $5m offer turned down by Daniel Farke’s side.

Although Pritchard’s contract at Norwich was not due expire until 2020, it seems the player’s wishes were enough to force through the move, such it seems is the times in modern day football.