In the midst of Man City being crowned Premier League champions, Mo Salah cementing his otherworldly season with the PFA player of the year award and two enthralling FA Cup semi-finals, you’d be forgiven for thinking that the season is still going on for Norwich. Another loss and another draw categorically ended any chance of Norwich achieving anything from this season, so while you’d be forgiven for thinking the season has ended at Norwich, I think the players will be forgiven for wishing it was.

Typical of the entire season, the Canaries looked set to have earned themselves a hard-fought point when promotion contenders, Cardiff crossed the country for a trip to Carrow Road. With Wolves ending Cardiff’s chances at the title, Cardiff seemed in a bit of a slump, picking up a meagre one point from their last three games before their trip to Norwich.

This slump looked destined to continue, with 85 minutes passed the result was 0-0, however a poorly directed save by Norwich’s Angus Gunn fell straight into the path of Cardiff’s Zohore for him to calmly convert.

Norwich’s misery was confirmed when Hoilett fired home in injury time, a well-deserved goal considering his performance throughout the game.

Farke’s side did come close throughout the game, particularly in the first half when their brightest star of the game, Josh Murphy, saw his shot fall wide of the target.

There was no shortage of attacking football at Carrow Road, a total 17 shots from an impressive 2/3rds of possession will leave Norwich feeling inevitably hard done by.

Norwich haven’t exactly been the pinnacle of bouncing back from a bad string of results this season, often going on long runs without a win, and this was no different when they made the journey up north to Preston for a 0-0 draw.

Preston enjoyed by far the better of the chances with Gallagher’s free-kick striking the crossbar in the first half and Harrop coming close in the second. Clear-cut chances were few and far between, however, with Preston only managing two shots on target in the whole 90 minutes- two more than the Canaries.

After the game, Farke praised the tenacity of the players at such a late point in the season- “The commitment is always there but the attitude to keep a clean sheet was there. In general, we gave everything, to have this attitude at this part of the season is outstanding.”

All in all, it’s been a rough few months in Canary Corner. With one game to go, the eyes of Norwich supporters will be looking to the transfer window. Rumours are looking quiet about who Farke will bring in, but with Maddison receiving a well-earned spot in the Championship Team of the Year after bagging 14 goals in his first season at Carrow Road, Norwich’s real battle will be keeping him happy in where he is.