Norfolk Police are currently investigating after a large amount of money was stolen from student accommodation at UEA. Reports state that “two rooms were entered between 12pm and 10pm on Friday 15th January”.

Police have described the theft as “a large quantity of cash”, and report that amounts were “stolen from each room, including some Chinese Yen”.

In response to Concrete’s request for comment, a university spokesperson stated that: “the University was made aware of a burglary on the evening of 15 January. Police are investigating the incident and it would not be appropriate to comment further at this stage”.

Police and the university have so far declined to state which accommodation building was broken into and the precise amounts of money stolen.

Any person who may have any information about the break-in should contact DC John Waterman at Norwich CID on 101.

[su_box title=”Additional reporting” box_color=”#2D2D73″ radius=”0″]We have since received a further update from Norfolk Police, stating that: “the burglaries took place in Suffolk Terrace. It is believed that entry was gained through an insecure door”.

They confirmed that “a quantity of cash was taken from two rooms” and that “two students were victims”.

Norfolk Police also stated that they were “made aware of the burglaries on the same day” and that they “were contacted on Friday 15 January 2016 at approximately 10pm”.[/su_box]

This article was originally published on 18/01/2016 at 15:37. This version, 20/01/2016, 17:28.