Everyone loves a good old wedding, but not all of us can afford the glamorous, overtly elegant and, sometimes, painfully over-priced dos that celebrities can dish out for. So, here are the best and worst of the bunch!

The one and only Kim Kardashian wore Riccardo Tisci for Givenchy Haute Couture to her wedding to Kanye West this year. We can’t deny that the gown was an elegant creation, and we love the fact that both Kim and Kanye were snapped wearing matching leather jackets saying ‘Just Married’ that were customised by Wes Lang. Another wedding with elements of punk and popular culture included Gwen Stefani‘s amazing pink and white dip-dye gown which was designed by John Galliano for Dior: it’s punk and elegant all at the same time.

Photo: goodies.im
Photo: goodies.im

Poppy Delevingne looked angelic in a custom Chanel dress that, from the knee down, was detachable. Her hippy-inspired wedding produced some great photos of her model sister, Cara, in an outdoor ceremony. Poppy’s wedding was hippy-inspired, and her after-party gown was proof of that: she wore a floor-length A-line white gown with long sleeves with purple flowers adorning it. On the complete other end of the scale, no one can compete with that of burlesque dancer Dita Von Teese’s marriage to Marilyn Manson, as it definitely began with a bang after she walked down the aisle in a bright purple taffeta Vivienne Westwood gown, and jeweled Manolo Blahnik sandals, and her famous dress is now on exhibition in all its prime at the V&A in London.

Photo: flickr.com
Photo: flickr.com

Another unconventional wedding outfit was when Bianca Jagger wore a white YSL “Le Smoking” jacket over a long white skirt to her St Tropez wedding in 1971 to Rolling Stones frontman Mick Jagger. Bianca looked undoubtedly chic even without a gown on, and we love the fact that she can recycle it. However, we love the fact that Keira Knightley wore a short Chanel dress that was already hanging in her closet. The bustier tulle mini dress was teamed with ballet flats for the actress’ wedding in the south of France.

Our pick of bridal disasters were tough, but hard to ignore. Where do we start with Katie Price? All three dresses at all her three weddings were pretty horrific. Specifically, the pink number worn to her 2005 wedding to Peter Andre, which was particularly blancmange-like. There are a couple of celebs that we wish had contacted Kimye’s wedding planner, such as the likes of her sister, Khloe Kardashian, who wore a Vera Wang gown that wasn’t the most flattering with its strange lilac belt that was a bit too high up the bust for her body shape. She probably could have done better, but each to their own. Beyonce’s dress, made by her mother Tina, was a great effort, but severely underwhelming. We imagined her marriage to superstar rapper Jay-Z to be a bit more designer-worthy. Maybe she should have taken a leaf out of Kimye’s book too.