As the days get shorter and the leaves fall, the possibility of drinking your pint in a beer garden slips away; now seems like a good time to remember all the great things coming up this winter to look forward to. Halloween, bonfire night, selfies at the Christmas tunnel of lights… and Oxjam Music Festival 2018!

Taking place on 10 November, this year’s festival is truly taking over our fine city with music and spoken word, taking place across multiple venues about town including The Bicycle Shop, The Birdcage, Bedford’s Crypt and the Magdalen Street Oxfam shop (where the mega successful ‘Women of Oxjam’ fundraiser took place last month). The wristband ticket allows complete access to all the venues, meaning you can turn Norwich into your very own Glastonbury for the day… although hopefully with nicer toilets.

The lineup this year is really something to get excited about, jam-packed with amazing performers including local big shots such as indie band perfection Marigolds, the super cool electro sibling duo LEIFXMATHI, and sultry pop-rockers Sisteray (travelling all the way from London as part of a tour of Oxjam festivals around the country!). Even more excitingly, plenty of our very own UEA talent will also be making appearances. Pop-punk four-piece Space Is Big are guaranteed to fill the room with their high energy, gritty, punk goodness, while UEA musical BNOC Yellowlees is an act not to be missed, performing straight off the back of the release of his EP Homemade. Whatever music you’re into, there’s bound to be something for you.

Another amazing thing to remember is exactly why Oxjam happens: to raise money for charity. One hundred percent of the profits raised from the event goes to Oxfam, helping them to continue to do amazing work around the world to combat poverty, which in itself is a pretty awesome reason to get yourself a ticket.

You can stay up to date by following the Oxjam Norwich Facebook, Instagram and Twitter pages for more exciting lineup announcements, and early bird tickets are available now via www.wegottickets.com for just £8… so what are you waiting for? Get your ticket today and get ready to start Oxjamming!