An upcoming event for Christmas can evoke a great deal of panic. ‘What do I wear?’ is typically the first thought to flash through your mind. If you are stuck for ideas or just want a little inspiration, look no further.

Going all out? Go for glitter

If it’s a big event and you’ve got to dress to impress, bring out the sparkly attire. The shape of the dress hardly matters; if it’s got some glitter, it will stand out. Pair with some killer heels for the added wow factor or go double sparkle with a matching handbag.

Match the seasonal colours

If you aren’t sure about colours, match the festive themes and go for rich reds and deep greens. These colours not only look expensive but are sure to add to the Christmas look; you could even add a Santa hat or appropriately matching headband to take the look even further.  

Jumpsuits for that added edge

Perhaps dresses aren’t your thing, in that case why not opt for a jumpsuit. With so many options on the market, from short to long length, sleeveless to more conservative, there is a jumpsuit for everyone.

Dazzle with a suit

Not really into the girly look? How about a fitted suit with a special Christmas bow tie for that fancy yet smart look?

Somewhere in between?  Bodysuit and skirt

Not sure of the vibes? If so, why not go for a bodysuit and skirt. A skirt is a safe choice because it can be dressed up or down and suits a lot of different occasions. Bodysuits come in all varieties. If you aren’t sure about the appropriate attire of the event may be, go for a white ribbed bodysuit. White will match the Christmas spirit and give you an added element of elegance. If you know it’s a slightly nice event, you could go for white lace, but otherwise a plain style will still ensure you look the part, feel comfortable, and not break the bank.

A more toned-down event?  Break out the jumper

For more relaxed events such as family parties or hanging out with friends, a festive Christmas jumper is always a good shout. You can go for both comfy and casual, with a funny jumper and pair of jeans that will accommodate plenty of room for extra cookies. Or pair the jumper with a skirt and some cute snowflake tights for that winter look with an elevated element. Complete the outfit with a pair of cute boots.

What about a onesie?

This will only work if you know the event is going to be very casual – if so, exploit it and go for ease and comfort. Just because it’s comfy doesn’t mean you need to substitute style, why not go for a polar bear, a father Christmas, or a gingerbread man. All are perfectly suited to Christmas and all ensure you look and feel adorable.