Purple is often a colour that women tend to shy away from. However, ladies, purple is one of this season’s must-have colours for your make-up bag.

One of the best ways to incorporate and showcase the colour purple is definitely by wearing a lipstick. Lipstick is great for making you feel and look good, while achieving many different looks and effects. One lipstick can really take you from day to night or work to party! A very popular lipstick that I recommend is Mac Rebel A44. It is a medium dark- berry with a pink, plum undertone. With a sweet vanilla scent, Rebel gives maximum colour coverage leaving your lips with a soft shine and satin finish. Complementing all skin tones, this is a sexy shade of purple that amplifies and enhances any outfit. You could team Rebel with your favorite LBD for a night out or any black ensemble to give an edgy look. Also, don’t be afraid to intensify the Rebel lipstick look by making the shade darker. Another product I recommend that works well with Rebel is Mac lip pencil – ‘Nightmoth’. Using the lip pencil defines and lines the shape of your lip. By lining the lip with Nightmoth achieves a sexy, vampy look!

With lips being a way to tackle the purple trend, another classic way to feature purple is nail varnish. Spring is approaching and pastels are the perfect trend to display a bright, fun shade of purple. Barry M’s Berry Ice Cream shade of varnish is a sweet, pastel purple that gives a smooth subtle look. Berry Ice Cream nail paint is a nice, thick, long- lasting polish that looks great on all skin-tones.

Priced at £2.99 it is a purse-friendly nail polish that is -long lasting, so you don’t have to apply many coats!
Available at Superdrug, Boots and many drugstores, this nail varnish is a must have for your make-up bag . Don’t forget to add a clear, top coat nail polish to conceal and give a shimmering shine.

With lips and nails covered in the purple beauty trend, we cannot forget our eyes! Yes ladies, I’m talking about our dear friend eye shadow! Eye shadows are a perfect way to brighten and highlight your eyes. You can diversify and be versatile with your shades of purple with eye shadow. Purple is a great eyeshadow to try. It doesn’t really matter which shade you want because you can look great in many shades ranging from soft tones such as lavender to electric violet. A lilac purple is a classic and supremely flattering colour that is suitable and matches for all eye colours.

In addition, using an eye-shadow brush helps improve application around the eye. Blending the purple eye shadow with a hint of white gives the eyes a smokey effectt making your eyes look vibrant for any occasion. If you are a black eyeliner lover already, you can complete the look by adding black eyeliner after eye shadow application to provide a captivating look. Lilac eye shadow looks great for any occasion and is a fun, creative way to show off the purple trend in a subtle and artistic manner. Rimmel London’s ‘350 iris’ is a lovely soft lilac that is beauty must-have for this upcoming spring or any season.

Hopefully, purple is no longer a foe but a friend to our make-up bags. Don’t be afraid to try something new!