A new company has been founded by English and Drama students from the University of East Anglia. Known as Turn the Key Productions, the members have a wealth of experience to draw from, including a winner of the 2013 Minotaur Theatre Company creative writing competition, taking Beckett’s Rough Theatre up to Edinburgh in 2013, and working as a trainee Assistant Director on BBC’s The Fall.

Their first solo venture is Under the Erl Tree which debuts at the Welwyn Drama Festival on the 5th June 2014 before moving on to the Edinburgh Fringe in August. Under the Erl Tree is a new devised piece for children and adults, bringing you into a dark fairy-tale world revolving around blood ties, the fight between good and evil, and the love between sisters. The story draws heavily on the German tale The Erl King, as well as reworking elements of the Buried Moon and Cinderella fairy-tales.

However, all of this success does not come for free, which is why you may have seen Turn the Key members shaking buckets around campus but more notably taking part in a 24 hour sponsored cycle in the UEA Square to raise money to get to Edinburgh. They started at 09:00 on Tuesday 13th May and vowed not to stop until they hit 373 miles – the distance between Norwich and Edinburgh. By averaging just over 16mph on the exercise bike, they estimated finishing by around 09:00 the next day.

Concrete are pleased to announce that Turn the Key managed to reach their goal of 373 miles and raise some cash along the way. If you would like to find out more about Turn the Key Productions, you can find them on Facebook and Twitter, or catch up with the video below for more information.

This slideshow requires JavaScript.