Cosmo, a relatively new restaurant chain, opened in 2003 and is unique in what it can give you. It might appear to be a regular buffet, but it’s actually widely different: it offers various cuisines for you to try from around the world.

Cosmo, I’ve found, is perfect for everyone. A group of 8 of us went, with two vegetarians, and no one was disappointed – someone might have curry, someone might prefer the carvery, and some might prefer Italian, but Cosmo offers all of those all at the same price, so you don’t have to worry about someone being upset they don’t have anything to eat. (Cosmo also have a menu you can read which includes dietary needs of every single food, so if you’re vegan, gluten-free, dairyfree, or anything else, you can still find out what you can and can’t eat.)

The idea of Cosmo is that you book a table (the most expensive being £14.99, the cheapest £7.99), and fill your boots! It’s a chance to try out more cuisine that you might normally get going to another restaurant, and it’s somewhere everyone can eat.

Cosmo has different sections in its buffet areas, which include “World of Asia”, “House of Spice”, “Tasting Kitchen”, “Carvery”, and “Deli”. You can get plates which are regular or which have four different sections, so if you want to, for example, have Yorkshire puddings and gravy and rice and sweet and sour sauce on the same plate, you can do it easily without them touching.

And don’t forget the dessert – usually with a chocolate fountain, Cosmo often has ice cream, various sweets, occasionally popcorn, and other bite-sized treats for you to finish of your meal with.

Cosmo might not be the best place for a first date – there is a lot of going up and down to the buffet area, and you might be astonished about how much your date can pack away – but it’s perfect for a group of friends, or even if you’re on your own and not quite sure what to eat.

It’s about the same price as a regular restaurant, and students can get 10 percent off Mondays – Thursdays (check with the restaurant you visit, although Norwich definitely offers this!).

All in all, whilst it’s not the independent restaurant I would usually recommend for Norwich, it’s one that will always satisfy your needs. And it has free WiFi – what more could you possibly want?!