.

There will be performances at noon across five dates in August, of what has been called a “bizarre sketch and stand-up showcase”. Forte, part of the group heading to head to the Scottish capital, offered Concrete a sneak preview of what to expect: “The show will be a mix of stand-up comedy, poetry and a few sketches, and is set to feature a number of special guest comedians. I’d tell people to expect almost a cabaret night, but not quite.

“We’ve never performed the show at UEA before, but we will hopefully be doing a preview show at the end of term in Norwich. This will be a free entry show, and all the money raised from donations will go towards funding the £250 paid by the show’s cast to enter the Fringe Festival.”

Forte added: “We’re aiming the show at students as well as members of the public, pretty much anyone over the age of 16. It’ll be a good mix of silliness, a bit of strong language, and should be quite surreal too.”

Tarran, who is also due to travel to Edinburgh with Headlights, offered a bit of background on the group: “The Beast of the East is a group of young comedians all studying in Norwich. We all met at UEA’s comedy society, Headlights.

“The idea behind the name is to create a sense of mystery around our show which is structured like a circus. We’ve got a ringmaster, a lion, a clown and three performers who will turn their hand to anything to get a laugh.”

Edinburgh Fringe is the world’s largest arts festival, and is known for showcasing experimental works. It has also furthered the careers of many comedy performers, including Rowan Atkinson and Stephen Fry.

Each performance is due to last for just under an hour, and will take place in The Basement Bar of the Phoenix Bar. Further details can be found on the Laughing Horse Comedy website