Sophie Bunce, Editor-in-Chief:

If I’m not in the Media Office I’m likely watching Grey’s Anatomy. While I still miss Christina Yang (I like to think we’re quite similar) I am beyond obsessed with the latest series and have fingers crossed that Meredith and DeLuca get together. I can’t wait for the next season of Peaky Blinders to come out. After the last series I spent the following month wearing nothing but shirts and black trousers attempting to impersonate them in a strange period of mourning. I’m not very good with closure.

Chris Matthews, Comment Editor:

I’ve gotta say the best show I watched this year was Bodyguard. Although it fizzled out a little in the final episode I was hooked up to then, and I loved it. In terms of next year, I’d be lying if I didn’t say Game of Thrones is on my mind, but even more than that I’m looking forward to the fifth season of Peaky Blinders – I just can’t wait.

Beth Bennet, Social Media Manager:

Considering I’ve spent most of my life as a panicking existentialist, generally speaking, I have to say that my favourite TV show of the year has to be The Good Place. It’s a refreshing comedy that works with the deeper moral questions and approaches them in an accessible and light-hearted way through magnificently relatable yet hyperbolic characters. Not only that but it’s fantastically told with unpredictable twist and turns and, most importantly, heart. Regarding TV in 2019, I’m looking forward to the last season of Jane the Virgin! I’m excited to see how it all wraps up.

Jake Morris, Global Senior Writer:

The highlight of 2018 for me was undoubtedly Killing Eve, the spy thriller with a twist of dark humour. As for 2019, I’m already counting down the days until the final season of Game of Thrones starts.

Shelby Cooke, Film Editor:

As the mess of a Cumberbatch fanatic I am, my favourite TV programme this year has to be Patrick Melrose. The defiant story, fantastic technical elements and Cumberbatch’s career-defining performance may or may not have forced me to watch this programme about 100 times since its release. To continue my reign, I’m most looking forward to Channel 4’s Brexit movie – Brexit: The Uncivil War, starring Cumberbatch as Leave strategist Dominic Cummings.

Chloe Howcroft, Features Editor:

My favourite this year (and yes, I know I’m late to the club) has been Jane the Virgin. While away over the summer, I binge watched all the available seasons of it; I love the Telenovela style of the show, and how light and easy it is to watch. I am looking forward to the new season coming out. On the other side of the spectrum, I’m really looking forward to the next – and final – season of Game of Thrones coming out next Summer; this has been long-awaited and I hope it will tie up quite a lot of plots and unanswered questions!

Gabriela Williams, Fashion Editor:

My favourite show this year was The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina because I really liked Riverdale and was a fan of the original TV show. My most anticipated show of 2019 will definitely be the final season of Game of Thrones.

George Goldberg, Global Editor:

For me and Andrew, the two things which have been our favourite TV watches this year have been Killing Eve and Bodyguard. Never have we been so hooked on a storyline before, but we became so engrossed in the shows that they have left a void awaiting another series.

I’m personally looking forward to The Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt, on Netflix. The seasons to date have all put a smile on my face every time I watch it, and I will be sad to see it end next year.

Mia Riana Shah, Features Editor:

Like everyone else I’ve really enjoyed the Bodyguard. I don’t usually watch that much British television so was pleasantly surprised. Clique, which is a psychological thriller based around a university, was also really interesting. I’m really looking forward to The Bold Type; it’s a classic chick flick but has strong themes of female empowerment, friendship and feminism in a form that is relatable and down to earth.Jodie Bailey, TV Editor:

There is no way that I can whittle down my favourite TV shows to just one. Bodyguard was so tense that I could not stay sat on the sofa. Sharp Objects filled a True Detective-shaped void in my life during the summer and The Handmaid’s Tale proved that the series had a life beyond the events of Atwood’s novel. A Discovery of Witches also proved to be an unexpected favourite of mine that I binged guilt-free with my mum over the course of a weekend. 2018 has certainly proved a fruitful year for TV. What am I looking forward to in 2019? Netflix’s upcoming adaptation of The Witcher.