The Enterprise Centre offers a vast array of opportunities and support to UEA students, as well as to the wider community of Norwich. For example, the Enterprise Centre provides numerous opportunities, such as business advice, financial support, networking events, tenant spaces and learning enhancement programmes for local entrepreneurs and former UEA graduates. Whether you’re an ambitious new graduate or someone just looking for a new adventure in life, the Enterprise Centre will be there to help you succeed in your business endeavours.

But the work done at the Enterprise Centre goes further than just supporting businesses; they encourage an influx of larger business to come into the Norwich area, increase the local economy and provide community support and involvement.

But what is most exciting about the Enterprise Centre’s endeavours is their commitment to sustainability. You may have noticed the unique exterior of the building, such as the locally sourced thatched wall panels, or you may have observed the natural lighting used throughout the building. But the sustainability of the Enterprise Centre goes even further – all the way down to the building’s reused cement frame. It’s even home to a vegan and vegetarian café, Namaste (who have two restaurants in the city), which aims to reduce plastic and food waste.

Fearn Ainsworth, the new acting Commercial Services Manager at the Enterprise Centre, says of the organisation: ‘I am excited to be joining such an inspiring and innovatively designed building. The Enterprise Centre is designed to enhance the incubation of small businesses and accelerate business growth. We have commercial tenants working alongside students in a dynamic and vibrant community that brings benefits to all users. Establishing a number of important connections for collaborating and building relationships within all areas of business and Norwich.’

Although a new addition to the UEA community, the Enterprise Centre has far surpassed its ethical responsibility to the university and to the community. Yet the team are stilling finding ways to continue to their legacy of responsibility and sustainability.

On 21 November, the Enterprise Centre will hold a Winter Warmer Clothes Swap from 1pm to 4pm. To help increase the recycling and reusing of clothing, this clothes swap promotes customers bringing in their old clothes in exchange for new clothes. Each customer will receive a number of tokens for the items they choose to donate. Then, with those tokens, you can purchase new items for your wardrobe. This is a fantastic way to shed the old clothing you no longer want and, in exchange, help the environment and your wallet.

One of its kind, the design and operation of the Enterprise Centre are doing their part to ensure that it’s not just businesses within the Norfolk area that are taken care of, but also the environment, to ensure it is supported for generations to come.

For more information about the Winter Clothes Swap and the Enterprise Centre’s many initiatives, visit the building’s website at www.uea.ac.uk/adapt/the-enterprise-centre.