Russian woman beheads young child
Police in Moscow have arrested a woman on suspicion of murder after she was found walking around the city holding the severed head of a child. The woman claims to have been driven to the crime after “hearing voices” because her husband had taken a second wife.

Gyulchekhra Bobokulova had been working in Moscow as a nanny to the four year old girl killed in the incident after moving from her home in Uzbekistan several months ago. Her husband having started a new family in her absence, invited the 38 year old to be his second wife, an offer Bobokulova refused.

She claims the emotional trauma caused her to hear voices. She is accused of strangling and then beheading four year old Nastya Meshcheryakova,before setting fire to the scene of the crime. Bobokulova then paraded the severed head in the street, close to one of the city’s metro stations.

According to several international news organisations, Bobokulova committed the act to avenge those killed in Syria as a result of Putin’s air strikes against Isis. She allegedly wished to move to Syria, but didn’t have the funds.

Whilst under the care of the authorities, Bobokulova is being judged by psychiatric specialists to determine whether she is in a fit state to be held accountable for her actions.
Caitlin Doherty

Calais ‘Jungle’ Evicted
The Calais ‘jungle’ made headlines again this week after French authorities began to dismantle the makeshift homes erected by migrants. The shelters of 3,500 people were destroyed in efforts to clear the area. The move led to a number of altercations between migrants and riot police, with some homes being set alight, and tear gas being used to clear out the area. Activists responded by tossing stones after authorities told people they had an hour to leave their makeshift shelters.

An activist with Help Refugees gave an eyewitness account of the situation, stating: “They did say it’s going to be slow and respectful, giving people options, and I suppose they have, in a way. But at the same time, they’re not giving people access to information. One person was seen being given their options as their shelter was being dismantled, so the respect they talked about last week isn’t really happening”.

Many residents moved to shipping containers being used as shelters on the Calais border, but the clear-out wasn’t entirely successful. It is understood there are still around 1,000 people still living in the ‘jungle’. However, according to official state statistics three-quarters of the makeshift homes have been cleared by workmen.
Dan Jeakins

Bin Laden left $29million to Jihad
It has been revealed that Osama bin Laden left approximately $29m (£20m), his entire fortune, to the Jihad.

American forces seized bin Laden’s will, along with several other important, personal documents, after the raid, capture and killing of Al-Qaeda’s leader in Abbotabad, Pakistan in 2011. The documents were released to the American media last week.

According to American news network ABC, the terror leader urged his family to “obey my will” and spend all of his inheritance on “jihad for the sake of Allah”. In a separate letter, asked his father to ensure that his wife and children were taken care of in the event of his untimely death, suggesting that a potentially sudden and violent death was on the leader’s mind. “If I am to be killed, pray for me a lot”.

It is believed that al-Qaeda have been led by Ayman al-Zawahiri since bin Laden’s death five years ago.
Emily Vause