They say time flies when you’re having fun, but it also goes fairly quickly when you’re sleep-deprived and spending your weekends making a newspaper. We dread to think about our coffee and pizza bill for this last year.

We’ve had 13 issues, one Brexit, two Prime Ministers and a visit from the Queen since we became Deputy Editors of Concrete. 56 pages later, and we’re finally printing the issue that we didn’t think would ever end. With 30 pages of our anniversary archive, themed content in all of our sections, and not to mention the complete upending of the news section when UEA installed some new statues and the Prime Minister announced a general election – (hats off to Antony and Theresa for giving us a front page to remember).  Check out page 6 for our coverage of the statue unveiling, or turn to the news and comment sections for reports and analysis on the upcoming election. It’s taken a lot of work, but we couldn’t be prouder of this issue, and cannot thank everyone enough. As much as we like to pretend to be important, there  wouldn’t be a newspaper without you all.

That said, there’s one other person we have to thank, for everything from putting up with our spats, and only occasionally joining in, to knowing exactly when to start pouring gin down our throats. They say if you  want to get to know someone you should divorce them, but I’d recommend spending a year producing a student newspaper together instead. Thank you Megan, for all the wine, terrible jokes, and occasionally brilliant advice. We’re finally ready to admit it: News does look better in blue..