Norwich City have had a mixed bag of results over the Easter period.

Three important points were picked up at the expense of an in-form Aston Villa, and a James Maddison converted penalty was the difference in a hard-fought game against mid-table rivals, Reading. This ended Norwich’s run of eight games without a win and saw them climb to 13th in the table.

However, they struggled to find their feet against Fulham, which saw the title contenders pick up an easy 2-0 victory, and heads were hung in shame as the Canaries were the victims of an embarrassing 4-1 decimation at the hands of QPR, a game which saw QPR forward, Matt Smith, play an essential role in three of the goals.

It was thanks to Pinto slotting home a late equaliser that meant Norwich picked up a point against Sunderland, a side Farke’s men would have hoped to bulldoze over. These results leave Norwich sitting decisively mid-table. They started the Easter period in 13th, and as we go into the final handful of games, they’re still 13th. With only a few games remaining, it seems the dozen-strong gap between them and playoffs will be insurmountable, but with the slip into the relegation zone being almost mathematically impossible, Norwich fans will be watching a club that, frankly, has little to play for in the remainder of the season.

Norwich fans won’t be used to this end-of-season lull in tenacity, despite last season only managing a disappointing 8th, by a wide margin of ten from the playoffs. The season before saw them in an old-fashioned relegation scrap in the Premier League, and the season before that saw a scintillating 3rd place finish rewarded by play-off promotion. With the few remaining games to be played against Preston North End, Leeds United and Sheffield Wednesday, all eyes will be turning to two things. Which young stars will get the end of season run-out? And which players will be happy enough at mid-table to stay next season?

Promising players such as Pierre Fonkeu will be looking to make a break into the first team, and loanees, Diallang Jaiyesimi and Ebou Adams will be hoping to return from their loan spells and enter the first team with a bang. The question on every Norwich fan’s lips will still be whether James Maddison will stay or not.Perhaps an end of season burst in form will give him enough hope to stay away from the lurking prospect of playing Premier League football.