Jailbreak is UEA radio station Livewire1350’s annual charity fundraiser where teams of two people or more have 48 hours to get as far away from UEA as possible,without spending any money on transport.

In 2012, the station’s event saw teams getting as far away as Gibraltor, Budapest, Belgium, Berlin, Paris and Ireland, and there are high hopes for this year’s teams too.

Last year was the biggest Jailbreak we’ve had at UEA, more teams than ever got involved, and raised over £7,000 for Cancer Research UK! This year’s event looks set to be just as promising.

The challenge will be taking place on the 8, 9 and 10 March, with over 20 teams already signed up and planning their route, its definitely an event to get excited about. The Jailbreak buzz is already vibrating around the teams, with plans afoot to raise money in their two week period before the lift off.

There is still time for you to sign up to a team if you wish to participate, send an email to live.events@livewire1350.com with your team name and email addresses of your teammates, or just a request to be added onto the Jailbreak mailing list.

You can follow the team’s progress over the Jailbreak weekend on livewire1350.com and donate to Cancer Research on justgiving.com/teams/UEAJailbreak2013.