A night fused with the good, the bad and the cool, one half of the Last Shadow PuppetsMiles Kane unleashed a highly intense and exhilarating show to save the crowd from the bluest of Monday evenings. Kane is well known for his high-octane stage manner and endearing character, and he certainly had now intentions of disappointment. A night that had served several dishes of disappointment was all worth it after witnessing Kane doing what he does best: put on a damn good show.

The night from my point of view, started in not the greatest of terms, the weather was totally abysmal; it was lashing it down non-stop. This put me as well as other revellers in a bit of a sour mood. I knew Monday night gigs were not the easiest of things, but this was slightly pushing it. To make matters worse, I had to wait a pain-staking hour for a bus. Things clearly weren’t going to plan and by the time I arrived, I managed to miss supporting act Cabbage, a real shame as I had very high hopes for them too.

Then to the main event, Kane certainly had the crowd in the zone from the off. Touring his third LP Coupe de Grace, an album that is like disco done with a swagger in a way only Kane knows how. He kicked off with its lead single, Loaded, a serenade that sent the crowd swooping. A jam-packed setlist featured many fan favourites, including Don’t Forget Who You Are, Rearrange and Colour of the Trap, numbers that sent the crowd into total pandemonium. He even mixed it up and did his own rendition of Donna Summer’s disco classic: Hot Stuff. It was safe to say after all that frivolity in the set the atmosphere was buzzing with the said title.

The closing number, Come Closer became an instruction as, after the gig, I got talking to him about all things music he was very endearing and keen on the tight pact with fans and not the usual us and them that other high-profile musicians take. It was a fitting end to a fantastic show that cured me of the symptoms a dull Monday evening usually offers.