Mystery Jets are a cracking live band. The Waterfront show doesn’t sell out. But it doesn’t matter. The Radlands tour has seen Blaine Harrison et al travel the country, performing to crowds of dedicated fans.

The first support is Lily Rose Cooper (née Allen)’s new favourite, singer-song writer Tom Odell. With his piano melodies and soft vocals, he is terribly lovely, but not quite rock ‘n’ roll enough. He’s not quite what you would expect for a support for Mystery Jets. After the initial gentle notes though, there is a raw quality to his voice which gives him a bit more of an edge; the 70s tones he’s channelling begin to really take shape.

Next up are Kettering-based Temples. With their helmets of backcombed hair and painfully indie get-up, it’s rare to see a group of people who look so inescapably like a band. Thankfully they also sound like a band, and a pretty decent one. Temples sound very familiar; they are a Beatles-esque, Coral circa 2007 psychedelic nod to the summer of love. Breaking out the twelve string guitar for their final song these boys clearly mean business (or just want to be George Harrison).

Strangely, Mystery Jets seem to attract the sort of crowd who scream after (and sometimes during) every song. With an audience consisting of around 50% teenage girls, there is an awful lot of screaming.

The boys come out to Flakes and the reception is strong. The set is rich with big tracks, and it sounds as though everyone knows all the lyrics. Serotonin, Greatest Hits, Young Love follow in quick succession.

Mystery Jets have only been around since 2004, but have some truly cracking songs. The set just isn’t long enough for all the best ones but encompasses a lot of favourites, as well as a substantial chunk of 2012’s Radlands.

The cheeky cover of Paul McCartney and Wings’ Jet may go over the heads of some of the younger audience members as Blaine asks “does anyone like Wings?” At least four people did. Others might have thought it was just a bit of a narcissistic chant.

The encore doesn’t disappoint. Our Blaine returns to stage to rhythmic tale Half In Love With Elizabeth before telling us we might know the lyrics to the next one, maybe we could sing the first verse for him? The room explodes into a Norwich’s finest rendition of Two Doors Down. The effect is heart-warming but its best that Blaine takes over again.

It’s all over too soon as the final chords of Alice Springs fade out. But it is fantastic while it lasts.