April 23rd: Dragon Hall Debates: Who’s afraid of populism?

Something a bit different to start with – Dragon Hall are hosting a series of debates on popular and controversial topics, including conversations on the age of anxiety and gene editing. Tickets are still available for their debate on populism, following the election of Donald Trump. Join the conversation!

August 26th: Great Norwich Duck Race

It’s weird. It’s wacky. It’s the Great Norwich Duck Race! The annual event sees thousands of wonderful rubber ducks take to the River Wensum in a battle to be crowned champion. Organised by children’s charity Break, people can sponsor one of the many ducks for £2 for the chance to win prizes. I’ve heard it’s a pretty quacking event.

31st August- 2nd September: Sundown

Think ahead to beautiful blue skies and Sundown festival is perfect for your summer retreat. At the Royal Norfolk showground, Sundown 2017’s big-name acts included Craig David, Jaguar Skills, Wiley, Pendulum, and many more. If you’re a keen festival goer Sundown may be the festival for you with cheaper prices but quality acts.

November: Norwich Castle’s Big Boom

We all know and love it, it’s the best fireworks display in Norwich. In the centre of Norwich and overlooking the proud city castle, this night is not one to miss. Free of charge and easy to watch, all you need is to wrap up warm and grab a hot chocolate while you watch the dazzling display and forget your assessment woes. You’re never too old for fireworks.

1st-2nd December: Strangers’ Hall Ghost Hunt

Fright Nights Cambridgeshire is coming to Norwich! Hold on tight for a spooky evening exploring one of Norwich’s most historic buildings, Strangers’ Hall. Used since the 13th century, Strangers’ Hall is a site of rich history, housing people from the mayor of Norwich to desperate asylum seekers fleeing from religious persecution.