EXIT magazine

EXIT is a collaborative magazine project run by an intimate group of young creative writers in Norwich, providing the local writing community with a platform for experimenting and refining their ideas and techniques. The first issue, which came out in February, was an informal experimental piece with a monochrome colour scheme and remarkable illustrations. The launch was held in the Bicycle Shop, and was crowded with people who took pleasure in the contrasting hilarity and solemnity of the readings. The second issue will run along the theme of alchemy, and will be available for purchase soon. Copies of the first EXIT are on sale in Waterstones, and the next launch will be held at The Bicycle Shop on the 23 May, and there will be live readings from the magazine at 9pm.

Dance Yrself CleanIf you are a budding creative writer, would like to get involved in writing or illustrating, or simply find out a little more about this exciting new project, then visit www.facebook.com/exitmagazinenorwich for details.

Luke Boobyer, a local student, created Dance Yrself Clean as a means of sharing the music he loved whilst providing radar artists with appropriate online coverage. DYC is a music blog, but with the help of his contributors Luke will shortly be releasing a magazine and begin organising gigs with local record companies. DYC has over 30 contributors, some of whom are UEA students, and the blog has had 40,000 visits since it started. DYC are looking to focus a little more on the up-and-coming music scene in Norwich, setting up sessions and interviews with local bands and record companies, in order to give small bands a chance to do what they love, and get the coverage they deserve.

If you would like to contribute, or just find out a little more visit www.danceyrselfclean.com

White Paint magazine

Sean Purdy started White Paint magazine a year ago as a means of nourishing his passion for graphic design, and takes inspiration from 90s designers such as David Carson and Neville Brody. The magazine originally started as a one off project, but there was a positive demand for another issue. White Paint is an arts magazine and each issue is inspired by a general theme. The content, however, is extremely flexible, with articles ranging from travel to fashion to photography. White Paint is written in a somewhat tongue-in-cheek style, so as not to come across as too serious, making it more accessible. The fifth issue of White Paint is scheduled for release on 31 May, with a launch night at the Birdcage pub in the city. Magazines are £1, and will be available for purchase on the launch night, and later, on campus and in Frank’s Bar and Dogfish.

If you’d like to get involved visit www.facebook.com/whitepaintmagazine. For previous issues see www.issuu.com/whitepaintmag/docs