Finding that perfect nude can be difficult. Nude doesn’t just mean pale pink, there is a huge spectrum of colours to be considered as a nude lipstick. Here are some brands that have considered and represent deeper skin tones to help you find the perfect natural shade.

NYX Cosmetics £7

NYX is a cruelty-free drugstore brand with a great range of lipsticks. One of their most successful ranges is the Lingerie Liquid Lipstick collection. The formula is weightless while maintaining matte finish. For only £7, it’s a no-brainer to begin your search for the perfect nude at NYX. Available are browns, reds, plums, peaches, beiges, pinks and mauves, with pretty names such as Lace Detail, Ruffle Trim and Satin Ribbon. The applicator is also versatile, making it not only great for all skin tones, but different lip shapes!

NEW: Lime Crime Plushies £15

Lime Crime is known for their crazy and daring shades. Their new collection, however, is tailored to fit all skin tones. With this brings a great selection of nude tones that will flatter just about everyone. Lime Crime states these liquid lipsticks will make your lips look as plush as a cuddly toy. They have a velvety matte formula, with a soft focus to enhance your natural lip colour. They’re also scented much differently to the typical vanilla scent you find in most liquid lipsticks! From Marmalade to Jam and Grape Jelly to Cola!

Jouer Cosmetics £15

Nudes don’t have to just be matte… Jouer Cosmetics’ Long-Wear Lip Creme Liquid Lipstick collection has a range of mattes and metallics for all sorts of skin tones. They’re highly pigmented and suit not only your skin tone, but every occasion! There are 17 shades to choose from, creating a ‘your lips, but better’ look that is desired with every nude shade. They dry soft but don’t dry out your lips.

HUDA Beauty £18

If you’re looking for a nude lipstick that stays put, won’t flake, smudge or transfer, this is the one! There are also lip contour pencils to match each shade. The shades range from deeps plums, browns and beiges. A lot of the shades are also muted, which gives off an even more natural look and finish.

Anastasia Beverly Hills £20

With 19 classic shades, including pale mauve and rich aubergine, you have many choices! The applicator is so soft, small and has a flat edge to make application much easier and achieve a natural finish. The formula is also protective, so there’s no need to worry about it drying out your lips!

Charlotte Tilbury £24

Maybe liquid lipsticks aren’t your thing, and if so, Charlotte Tilbury has a range of classic lipsticks to fit all. They’re known for being hydrating but also having a matte finish to give off a natural look. The lipsticks are also enriched with ‘lipstick tree’ extract, which has ‘powerful protective and reparative properties’. To enhance lips even further, there are 3D pigments to create the look of fuller lips. Glastonberry is a very deep blackcurrant shade, whereas Lost Cherry is more of a coral shade.