Well, it’s hardly surprising anymore, but it still feels great to print: UEA are the Derby Day champions for the fifth consecutive year, and we couldn’t have asked for a more convincing win. Taking home 55 points of the 70 that were available, there is no day like Derby Day that affirms our love for our little concrete jungle.

From the moment that Essex first arrived on campus, the Square, the Sportspark and Colney Lane were all buzzing with excitement, and the atmosphere only grew as the day went on. If you were ever doubting how great Derby Day can be, all you needed to do was check out the party in the Square.

Our day was not spent in the pool or on the playing field, (those who have ever seen either of us swing a hockey stick or take a free kick will probably be fairly thankful for that fact), but armed with pens, cameras and microphones. More than 80 volunteers spent their day running between events, cornering captains for interviews and in a very hot and sweaty office above the Square, keeping campus up to date with every point, penalty and even the odd injury. With almost 150 teams and hundreds of supporters, there was a lot to keep track of.

Personally, we were rather fond of the women’s rugby and American football scorelines; 29 – 0 and 32 – 0 respectively. Anything with a 0 at the Essex end just reads so nicely, doesn’t it? Our 11 pages of match reports and analysis starts on page 22, but head to UEA:TV’s Facebook page, and Livewire1350.com to catch up with all of our live reporting from the day.

This year marked the first occasion when all three media societies worked together for what is surely UEA’s biggest day of the year.  We are hugely thankful to anybody who took some time out of what is one of the best days of the year to report, tweet, interview, and just generally lend a hand and keep campus informed. Full to the brim with talented sportspeople, if this week has proved anything, it’s that oh, UEA, you really are wonderful.

And, staying in the spirit of Media Collective collaboration, we’d like to steal some space in this column to plug Livewire1350 – who are hosting their annual Jailbreak event next week. In a seemingly endless endeavour to cross every last item off our final-year bucket list, the two of us will be taking part for the first time – we can’t wait!

From noon on Friday March 25th, 20 teams have 48 hours to get as far away from Norwich as possible, with the only catch being that they can’t spend a single penny. In the past, teams have managed to get as far away as Toronto and Dubai. People also have a tendency to get stuck in Thetford, but we’ll ignore that for the sake of convenience and a good headline. Expect to read all about our adventures in the final issue of the year (sob), published on April 25th! But Jailbreak is not just a group of stingy students hoping to get as cheap a holiday as possible at the start of the Easter break, (although that is a pretty attractive concept), the aim of all of this hitchhiking is to raise as much money for charity as possible. In previous years totals have topped £10,000, and with the Teenage Cancer Trust as this year’s selected charity, any spare change in thrown in the charity buckets that will be circulating around campus next week could make a big difference. Alternatively, go to www.justgiving.com/livewirejailbreak to donate.

It’s a cause that means a lot to many of us at UEA and I can’t think of a better charity to be supporting, so please do donate, retweet, and get involved. There’s loads going on on campus, even if deadlines are preventing you from hitting the road this year. And if you need a little travel inspiration, check out Jennifer Redfern’s adventures in Morocco on page 20! There’s plenty to keep those staying closer to home occupied over Easter in this issue. Sophie Bunce takes a look at the realities of fashion week on page 10, and global editor Sacha Silverstone looks at censorship around the world.

We can’t quite believe we only have one issue left this year. From interviewing Clive Lewis to covering the Queen’s visit to campus, no two days have been the same, and the hard work of all of our editors and writers have made every late night, early start and Red Bull-fuelled InDesign panic completely worth it. Enjoy the issue!