Openers Queen Zee and the Sasstones show a blend of energy and punk spirit, with a politically and socially charged set; songs such as Boy tackle gender stereotypes and the issues members of the transgender community, such as singer and guitarist Queen Zee, face.

The band have an admirable confidence in their combination of influences and a desire to address issues such as the Orlando shooting, which Fly The Pink Flag, was written in the wake of. As Zee puts it, “fifty people went out that night, and because of their gender, or their sexuality, they didn’t come home.” Upon leaving the stage, with both their message and their raw sound, the band have hit hard.

Marmozets walk their way steadily onto the stage, making themselves at home amid the excited shouts and yells from the crowd. Opener Play shows their new songs still pack the same punch and drive they have always had, as frontwoman and vocalist Becca MacIntyre proves herself a force to be reckoned with, alternating between dancing and screaming into the microphone.

Formed by two sets of siblings, the band is completed by brothers Will and Jack Bottomley on bass and guitar, and Becca’s brothers Sam and Josh on guitar and drums. The latter is sporting a DIY t-shirt with the words ‘I love my mum’ written on it; a nod to the family members in the audience, including the MacIntyre siblings’ little sister.

An emotionally charged performance of ‘Captivate You’ sees the band cut out and the crowd finish the last chorus, causing Becca to share a smile with Sam. The band value a close connection with their fans – Sam announces one came from Russia to see them, and another was asked his name and sung Happy Birthday.

Finally, the crowd are encouraged to “get crazy”, and show closer Why Do You Hate Me? has them surging forward to press against the barrier, as the band themselves whirl about the stage. Marmozets are back, and they’re giving it everything they’ve got.