I enjoy porn, though I hasten to add that I’ve never paid for it, nor expect that I ever will. I watch porn when I masturbate solo, and I can’t remember the last time that I masturbated without the use of online porn; my imagination just can’t get me going like those professional HD videos can.

I have my preferences, and to some of my other guy friends with whom I’ve discussed this topic, they are rather extreme. I suppose I’d say that I avoid watching anything normal and by that, I mean that I prefer scenes of the atypical involving anal sex, threesomes and double penetration.

Weirdly for a guy, I prefer to see a monster of a penis, and if I feel that the bloke’s penis is not abnormally large enough, I turn it off and find another video. I suppose when choosing to watch porn I seek out that which is unrealistic.

When I watch porn I am not in search of reality. I just don’t want to watch two ordinary people like myself having sex, and frankly those videos made by amateurs in their own bedroom, where the penis can go in comfortably, leaves me feeling uneasy. Perhaps this is because I feel that such sex is attainable in my life and if it’s not unrealistic it isn’t worth watching. In terms of how I feel porn has affected my views of sex, I would say that; firstly, and rather evidently, my fantasies have broadened or somewhat specialised beyond what I would imagine they would be had I not watched porn, or as much porn in my life. As I grew up, I’m envisaging myself between the ages of 14-16 here, I remember wanting to try the things I had watched into my own sexual activities.

Yet from watching porn I’m not one of those people who would expect every girl to be keen to swallow or perform anal simply because I have seen it in porn, and normal sex does not fail to satisfy. I feel like I have developed a filter such that what I watch on screen doesn’t then seep into my life, and directly affect or set my expectations of real sex.