In case you have never heard of the mysterious happenings in Rosewood (maybe you have been trapped in the equally eerie Ravenswood?), then feel free to think of this as your guide to all things ‘A’. If none of this is making sense then you probably have not been tuning in to Pretty Little Liars and its fabulous frenzy of murders, killer outfits and on-point teen drama for the last seven years. Starting off as a simple teen show centring on a group of girls at a high-school who start receiving texts from their dead friend (spoiler – it is not their friend), it slowly evolves into a high-intensity guessing game that rivals Cluedo…except instead of Professor Plum and Miss Scarlett we have Ezra Fitz and Scarlet hooded macs – same thing, right?

Spencer (Troian Bellisario), Aria (Lucy Hale), Hanna (Ashley Benson), Emily (Shay Mitchell) – and most recently Alison (Sasha Pieterse) and Mona (Janel Parrish) – have often found themselves victim to the A-Team (killers with an affinity for black), ever since Mona donned the infamous menacing black hoodie and gloves way back in season two, and let’s face it, they have not had an easy ride. We have seen them almost be sawn in half, pushed off a train in a coffin, get shot, find out they are a secret twin and get run over by a car (oh yeah and Toby’s house exploded…whoops), so it is obvious to say that they deserve a break, and perhaps the second half of season seven can give it to them, by unmasking the ultimate Uber A who has been behind everything.

The only thing more satisfying than watching our Pretty Little Liars do what they do best is partaking in the lengthy guessing-game as to who is behind the killings. Is it creepy and mysteriously absent Wren? Or perhaps the original A, Mona? Or is this some convoluted attempt by Melissa, Jenna or Lucas to get back at the girls (for what we are sure will be some ridiculous and drawn out reason – but hey, we still love it)? Suffice it to say, everyone will breathe a sigh of relief as long as it is not

back-from-the-dead Sara Harvey or Cece (please god no), and would it not be the ultimate treat if it was one of the main four themselves? Whoever it is, we will uncover the answers soon as Pretty Little Liars begins its final countdown to the second half of the last season.