In an era of political and economic instability, the gem often found within society is the familiar, shining, fearlessness of youth.

It is this, combined with their immeasurable talent, which ensures the poetry collective Rythmatic Disposition shine through with their debut anthology: Rhyme Scene, Do Not Cross. The majority of the troupe was brushing 15 at the beginning of their Rythmatic Disposition career, blowing away any audience with their literary skill and passion for performing. Some may doubt their professionalism due to their collective age. However, with an impressive record of poetry slams behind them and involvements in key schemes, such as the Cultural Olympiad, they have only had the chance to develop and improve over the past two years.

The collective effort cites a large range of influences. Whilst spoken word poets such as Adisa (who coached the group in their early days), Daniel Beatty and the infamous Saul Williams have aided their lust for performance poetry, other writers such as Jack Kerouac, Sylvia Plath and Wilfred Owen have helped hone their literary craft. With this eclectic mix of poets in mind, the anthology holds a little something for everyone.

From politically outspoken pieces to retellings of the classic Alice in Wonderland, and worries about middle age and issues of identity, sex, drugs and rock’n’roll, it’s all present in Rhyme Scene. Brilliantly executed and possessing a wild vitality that only young people seem able to express, the anthology will be a sure-fire favourite to anyone with a keen interest in poetry.

For extra information on Rhythmatic Disposition, including upcoming shows, how to buy Rhyme Scene, Do Not Cross and the chance to contribute, visit their Facebook group.