Gelato from Café Gelato:

Be transported to Italy with the deliciously creamy Italian gelato on offer at Café Gelato. With flavours ranging from Nutella and cheesecake to white chocolate and passionfruit that can be paired with a homemade Italian biscuit, it’s more than worth the extra walk out of the centre of town to the easy to miss spot on Opie Street where the shop is located.

Freakshakes and hot chocolates from And Eat It:

Another hotspot for all things sweet is the And Eat It market stall, located on Rows B and C, stalls 51/64. With their ‘monster hot chocolates’, giant cookies and freakshakes loaded with cream, if you want decadence (and potentially tooth decay), this is the place to go.

Mini doughnuts from Bill’s:

At £5.95 per portion, the warm mini cinnamon doughnuts on offer at Bill’s as part of their tea time menu may be slightly pricey but the fresh strawberries, warm chocolate and caramel dipping sauces and oh-so sugary doughnuts make them worth every penny. Or, if doughnuts aren’t your thing, other treats available include baked cookie alaska, cream teas and brownies.

Ice cream from Unio:

Who says it’s too cold for ice cream? Whether rain or shine Unio has you covered. For those times when you need a sugar rush, Unio now sells ice cream! It’s quick, easy and right on campus so stop by on the way to your 9am. Classic flavours like salted caramel, mint choc chip and vanilla can be bought by the scoop, turned into milkshakes or even added to warm waffles as the ultimate post- revision treat, whatever the weather.

Cupcakes from Katie’s Cake Box:

If you’re in need of something sweet, head over to Norwich market to Katie’s Cake Box stall, number 126 on row F of the market and try one of their many flavours of cupcakes.

With flavours like Terry’s chocolate orange, Oreo, salted caramel crunch and red velvet, this is the place to go when those dangerous cake cravings hit and nothing else will suffice.

Crepes from Sundaes Gelato:

With Pancake Day just around the corner, what better way to celebrate than with freshly made crepes at Sundaes Gelato! From waffles and crepes covered in strawberries and drizzled with milk chocolate to ice cream sundaes, there are so many enticing options available that you could spend hours simply deciding what to get!

Cream tea from Harriet’s tea room: 

Not the obvious student choice with chandeliers and waitresses sporting traditional pinnies, but Harriet’s tea room is the place to go if you want a quality cream tea in the city centre.Whilst you are paying a bit extra for the novelty of the whole experience, the wide range of loose leaf teas on offer and expertly baked scones served with clotted cream and jam make it more than worth the price.

Fancy desserts from Figbar:

If you want to go all out then treat yourself to a plated dessert expertly created by a Michelin trained chef at Figbar.

The dessert offerings include deconstructed style snickers and s’mores desserts made using parfait, moose, sorbets and in some cases even decorated with edible flowers. We did say it was fancy!

Macarons from Macarons & More:

Located in the heart of the beautiful (and extremely Instagrammable) Royal Arcade, Macarons & More, the shop set up by past Masterchef contestant Tim Kinnaird, is famous for its pastel coloured French macarons. Whilst they are a luxury item, their boxed macarons, including special edition Valentine’s heart- shaped macarons, would make for the perfect Valentines gift.