It’s cold, really cold. Across the city, student houses are beginning to have the ‘when shall we turn the heating on?’ chat. It’s a controversial issue: some students want to huddle by the radiator from September to April, others are perfectly happy to live in the Library until daffodils spurt and you can stop seeing your breath in your kitchen. Freshers – Amy Newbery outlines everything you need to know before house-hunting on page 11. It’s not just the perils of student housing being talked about though.

It’s been quite a week in the news, with various UK politicians facing allegations of sexual assault and sexual harassment following the revelation of Harvey Weinstein’s prolonged abusive behaviour in Hollywood.

(On page 3, you can read about the allegations made concerning Norwich South MP Clive Lewis, which he completely denies took place.)

Further allegations were also made this week about House of Cards actor Kevin Spacey. News cycles like this can be disheartening, particularly when people in the public eye we admire admit, or are accused of, to being abusive.

But it’s important we talk about sexual harassment in the workplace, in whichever field it arises in.

This week, despite the doom and gloom of the headlines, it was uplifting to see women reaching out to one another. Female journalists have formed the group Second Source to highlight the issue of sexual harassment in the media industry and work with media organisations on changing workplace culture.

Hannah Riding, one of the  group’s founders, called the network “not so much a whisper as a clarion call,” in the New Statesman.

It shouldn’t be up to women to create these external support networks to deal with workplace harassment, of course, but nevertheless it was inspiring to see the formation of Second Source.

On page 3, News editor Matt Nixon reports on UEA’s response to the national media’s coverage of a student officer’s attempts to diversify and decolonise the English curriculum at Cambridge university. Lola Olufemi said she received online abuse following a front page story in the Telegraph newspaper which claimed she had engineered a policy change that would see white authors dropped from the curriculum.

This wasn’t true, and students and academics from other universities were right to call out the newspaper for this inaccuracy.

Students have also been vocal about their universities’ roles in the fossil fuel industry, Features outlines. Whilst some say the benefit to institutions from these links is greater than the detrimental impact, some student groups have said divestment is the way forward and is what is needed for universities to have a positive impact environmentally. You can decide for yourself on pages 12 and 13.

For a change of tone, on pages 18 and 19 you can read our reporters’ coverage of the Norwich Science Festival. From beer to bees, Concrete has rounded up the festival’s highlights.

The event, which spanned the last week of October, was full to the brim with exciting events – you can read the daily reports of Norwich sixth-formers from the festival on our website concrete-online.co.uk.

Working with the Forum in this way was an excellent experience for Concrete.

The festival as a whole served as a reminder that, whilst the week 8 blues are approaching, Norwich really is a fine city.