Spring time is the perfect time to have a clear out. The transition from winter to spring feels like a fresh start, so why not reflect that in your wardrobe? You probably got some clothes for Christmas, or stocked up on some more layers because of the recent snow fall. It’s always good to clear up some space.

Make a plan
In order to have a successful clear out, you’ll need to have some sort of a plan. It can be rather overwhelming to empty everything out into your room, so going drawer by drawer may be easier.

Keep, donate or throw away?
Once you’ve worked out whether you’re focusing on small sections or facing it all at once, start sorting the clothes into piles. What you want to keep, throw away, donate, stash, give away to family and friends etc.

Has it been a year?
A great way to decide to keep or get rid of an item is questioning if you’ve worn it in the last year or two. If there are some pieces you can’t help but cling onto, you could stash it away for a while and if wearing it never crosses your mind, it may be time to get rid of it.

Set time aside
Give yourself some time to complete this task in the most stress-free way. Dedicate an evening or a day to yourself to get it all done, listen to some music, and you’ll be finished in no time!

Stick to a reason
Keep in mind your decision to have such a big clear out. Whether you just want a declutter, reinvention, or make it easier to find the only clothes you wear.

Don’t be too hasty
Reconsider items you’re thinking of clearing out. You might rediscover some great pieces that you could get more wear out of. It’s a great way to mix up your looks without spending any money.

Does it fit/suit me?
You may be hoarding items that look good on the hanger but completely different on your body.

eBay/Bootsales
It may by worth trying to sell pieces worth a bit more money. Selling on eBay and finding the time for a bootsale, however, can be challenging, so be realistic.