Results of the SU student officer elections were announced tonight in Blue Bar. This year’s elections saw the highest ever number of students voting, with 3,669 students taking part, an increase of 265 on last year’s figure.

However, due to an increase in the size of the student body, turnout was only 20.4 percent, compared to 23.9 percent in 2016/17.

The Full-Time Officer positions were won by: Jack Robinson, Campaigns and Democracy; Camille Koosyial, Activities and Opportunities; Mary Leishman, Undergraduate Education; India Edwards, Welfare, Community and Diversity and Madeleine Colledge, Postgraduate Education.

Mary Leishman, Jack Robinson and Madeleine Colledge were elected in the first round with 1,323, 1,314 and 260 votes respectively. Camille Koosyial was elected in the eighth round with 1126 total votes, and India Edwards was elected in the fifth round with 861 total votes.

Speaking to Concrete, Jack Robinson said: “I’m obviously thrilled to be elected Campaigns and Democracy Officer. It’s an honour to be a representative of students at UEA and I can’t wait to get started.”

Camille Koosiyal, who is currently recovering from knee surgery, told Concrete she was “quite shocked, and really happy.”

“I haven’t been on campus to campaign so I’ve been doing it all from home. I can’t even express how thankful and happy I am to all the people who have supported me considering it’s been a really long hard week.”

Mary Leishman said: “I’m very happy to be representing undergraduates at UEA.”

She added that her first priority in office would be to “make sure I’ve got a good relationship with the rest of my team, and build relationships with all the different schools across the university.”

India Edwards said: “Well done to all the candidates! Even if you didn’t vote for me I’m going to try my hardest anyway, and thank you to everyone who did vote for me.”

India’ first priority as Welfare, Community and Diversity Officer will be the issue of peer support. She said: “I want to do a lot of work with peer support groups, and housing as well is a big issue, as well as working with the advice centre as well.”

Madeleine Colledge, the only candidate in a full-time role who stood as an incumbent, refused to give Concrete a statement on her re-election and was not present in Blue Bar for the announcements.

Elected in Part-Time Officer roles were: Rhys Purtill, Environment Officer; Rob Klim, Ethical Issues Officer; Amanie Mathurin, Ethnic Minorities Officer; Mohamed Alhasan, International Officer; Katerina Wodenitscharow, International Officer (EU Place); Mae Kabore, LGBT+ Officer (Open Place); Liam Deary, LGBT+ Officer (Trans Place); Lewis Martin, Mature Students Officer; Amy Atkinson, Women’s Officer; and Emily Cutler, Students with Disabilities Officer.

Four Non-Portfolio Officers, another part-time role, were also elected. These roles were won by: Lucy Auger, Jemma Bailey, Chris Ball and Finn Northrop.

The new team will take office in July.