Naturally, this issue is inundated with endings. Whether it means moving on after graduation, or becoming a member of the next editorial team, Concrete is ready for a change.

Derby Day was the beginning of the end for a lot of us. As the final hurdle for the 2017/18 Media Collective, our coverage reached thousands of viewers and all from the comfort of the Essex bar. We live blogged fights, chants, streakers – and that was only Jack Ashton reporting from the football. It was clear that against UEA:TV, Livewire, Concrete and our sports teams, Essex didn’t stand a chance. Catch up with our coverage online and the Derby Day supplement to relive the victory.

This issue, Comment turns to exams and how to cope. On page 17 Nick Stokes treats us to his “Top tips to avoid exam stress” including the importance of letting yourself have a break. Deadlines get you down, and if you are struggling, contact Nightline from 8pm to 8am for a chat.

In Features, Bryony Barker discusses the prospect of renting after university on page 10. I find the idea of going home after living independently incomprehensible, but as she reflects on the reality that “a third of our generation will never own a home” it seems an undeniable reality. Not renting your own place isn’t a failure, it’s the hand we’ve been dealt and unfortunately, it doesn’t matter if you knew you were playing.

As always, I write this Editorial on a Sunday in the darkening media office, because nothing spurs me on like a deadline. If you’d like to do the same, applications are open for next year’s team, check out our Facebook and website. I have no big conclusion, no singular lesson learnt. All I have left to say is – thank you to our team. Mostly, thank you to Emily Hawkins, who can finally relax after a year of midnight emails and print deadlines. Concrete owes you one.