U.S confident about post-Brexit talks

Steven Mnuchin, the US Treasury Secretary, has said that the UK would be at the front of the queue for a free trade deal with the US when “the UK is ready.” This is reassuring following uncertainty about a deal being reached since the vote.

Canadian marijuana merger

In the months leading up to the legalization of marijuana in Canada, two of the country’s largest producers have agreed on a $6bn merger, in hopes to monopolise the cannabis industry. It is set to become the world’s largest cannabis producer

Job vacancies hit record highs

The number of vacancies for jobs in the UK has reached the highest point since comparable records began in 2001. There were also record numbers for people already in work, at 32.2 million. This is great news for graduates looking to start their careers.

Electric container ships set to sail

The world’s first fully electric container barge is due to set sail from European ports this summer. The barges are entirely crewless, and are capable of shipping 425 tonnes at a time, for 15 hours. This is a great advance in finding the solution to low emission transportation of goods.

Meat recalls hit popular restaurants

Russel Hume, a large supplier of food products, have had to recall thousands of meat products following errors over use by dates. The restaurants affected include JD Wetherspoons, who have stopped serving steaks this week, and Jamie’s Italian. The supplier is now fighting to keep contracts with clients.