Qatar stock market tumbles amid diplomatic row 

After seven neighbouring countries cut diplomatic ties with Qatar amidst allegations of supporting militant groups and its ties to Iran, the nationís stock markets plunged. The severance of ties with Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Bahrain, the United Arab Emirates, Libya, Yemen and the Maldives follows rising tensions in the region.

First Cash Lifetime ISA (LISA) launched. 

Skipton Building Society are launching the first cash LISA, with an interest rate of 0.5 percent, rather than in the form of stocks and shares. LISAs can only be opened by those between 18-39 and used to save money to buy oneís first property or fund retirement. Potential bonuses could accrue up to £32,000.

Santander 123 Student Account best value again

According to student money advice site Save The Student, the best value student bank account is once again the Santander 123 Student Account. It offers up to £1,500 0 percent overdraft and a sign-up incentive of a 4 year 16-25 railcard.

Retail sales fell in May by 4.4 percent 

The BRC (British Retail Consortium) have recorded the sharpest fall in sales in four and a half years. The BRC blame consumersí reduced spending on pressure from rising inflation and weak wage growth.

Channel 4 hires Alex Mahon to be its first female Chief Executive

No woman has previously run a UK channel larger than Channel 5, but Alex Mahon (Broadchurch and MasterChef producer, and leader of the special effects company behind films such as Gravity and Guardians of the Galaxy), will begin her new role in the autumn.