Robin “the Tea-Tray” van Persie carries 10 other mugs for the entire season.

Not so Dirty ‘arry.

City destined for a Silva medal.

Di Matteo’s European adventure.

This Premier League season has been one of the greatest to date. Admittedly the days of Dennis Irwin’s penalties and Yeboah’s wonder strikes were amazing, but the increase in the length of players’ shorts has proportionately resembled the increase in tekkers on display.

Highlights of this season include: Crouch’s wonder volley, Postman Pat resigning from the England job and Rooney’s hair transplant (his back looks considerably balder now).

Arsenal started slowly but van Persie’s ability to stay fit for the entire season has meant that his 3,467 goals more than the next best player have propelled the team to third, although they now face competition from Newcastle, thanks to Pappis Cisse’s abundance of goals. After finding out that their manager has the world’s richest dog, and that he won’t be stolen by the FA for England, Spurs look in good contention for a second Champions League finish in three years.

The highest profile battle this season has been between the two Manchester clubs, not Oldham and Stockport but money-bags (and suddenly widely supported) City and every glory hunter’s favourite, United. City’s attacking line up has, for some of the season (when not in Argentina), looked formidable and their home record is red hot. Sir Alex, on the other hand, has yet again brought a team to the cusp of another title, despite many pundits writing them off because they’ve lost more than twice this season. The next two games this season are incredibly close, tense and have so much weighing on them that I’m praying that we won’t see several nervy 0-0 draws.

Finally Chelsea have yet again finished the season with a different manager to the one they started with, but former FA Cup winner Roberto Di Matteo has turned the Blues’ season around with vigour. He has guided them to an FA Cup final and a huge must-win Champions League final, against hosts Bayern Munich, to ensure European qualification for next season. Arguably his most impressive feat is inspiring Fernando Torres to score a hat-trick, something most of us believed was only a myth.

Two weeks from now when it’s all said and done, I believe it’s going to culminate in the Barclays Premier League’s best season ever.