Here are my top 5 summer essentials to get you through the heat with practicality and style.

Shorts

Shorts are such a staple piece for anyone in the summer months. With so many different styles of shorts out there, it’s impossible to go wrong! Why not try a white colour to make your tan pop.

Sunglasses

A pair of sunnies are such a classic piece for a summer look. Not only do they offer you protection from the sun, if you fancy a day off makeup but don’t feel confident to go completely bare faced, some cute sunglasses can be perfect.

Denim jacket

A denim jacket is an easy way to elevate any summer look. Lighter denim stands out in the summer and can keep you cooler than darker denim. It’s always helpful to have one in your wardrobe, whether you are travelling in the summer or needing some protection against England’s unpredictable weather.

Sandals

Perfect for the sunny weather and letting your feet breathe! To make the look even more stylish, paint your nails a matching colour to your outfit. Sandals can be dress up or down any look depending – you can choose a casual style or a more detailed one. Primark is always fully stocked with lots of styles, however if you are looking for a shoe to depend on more consistently, try brands such as Schuh.

A hat

Whether a sun hat or a cap, a hat is essential for providing you protection from the sun on hot summer days. Straw hats are great for dressing up a summer day look or for holidays, but if you want to keep it casual, a cap is great. JD sports and ASOS have got some great ones stocked.

Always remember to carry some sunscreen for ultimate protection!  A personal favourite is the

Hawaiian Tropic Shimmer Effect Sun Lotion. It’s perfect for protection whilst giving you a lovely, glowy shimmer!