These days it is pretty hard to think of a new concept for a travel app. You name it, it’s been done. City guides, maps and discount apps are all readily available. But a new app has achieved the hard task of finding a niche in the market.

Combining all the above, For Less Guides has launched “the free app you can’t afford to travel without” – an app that will save you time and money in the world’s top cities.

Already having launched guides for London, New York and San Francisco, there are 10 more cities waiting to be given the “for less” treatment.

The guides are designed to make sightseeing easier and cheaper. Features include a fully searchable street map which uses GPS to identify the user’s location; 12,000 points of interest; interactive metro maps and over 100 discounts at the top tourist attractions and restaurants.

The maps have fantastic detail, but all attractions are labelled and can be opened to view descriptions, visitor details and the nearest tube station. They are organised into categories and favourites can be saved for future reference. It’s easy to flick between the street map and tube map, saving the embarrassment of having to fight with a fold-up map, the faff of searching through pages of a guidebook or flipping between different apps.

Discounts of up to 20% off food, attractions, museums and tours are also included.

It’s not an entirely global yet as guides are only available in English, German, French, Spanish and Italian.

Best of all, the app is completely free, works offline (incurring no roaming charges) and is free of pesky adverts. For once, there’s not a catch. It’s unique, easy to use, great for those visiting a city for the first time and offers some great discounts.

Check out forlessguides.com for more info.