As the 20th January rolled round so did the reality of Trump’s impending presidency and the American acknowledgement of a new dawn in the Science industry. In his latest actions Trump’s administration have wiped every mention of climate change from the White House website, instead replacing it with a new energy plan making no mention of global warming and attempts to reduce CO2 emissions.

Trump, who openly denied the validity of global warming and climate changing, claiming it to be a hoax created “by and for the Chinese in order to make U.S. manufacturing non-competitive”, has removed the page created by the Obama administration outlining a commitment to tackling the issues of climate change. Trump’s election and his future action is said to be entirely focused on saving the American people money. Action that, in turn, leaves no place for spending on fuel efficiency and environmentally friendly alternatives.  owever, the one mention of climate change left on the website is made in direct reference to Trump’s promise to eliminate the policies made by the Obama administration and align American with an energy plan putting itself first.

The plan, titled “America First Energy Plan” exhibits Trump’s commitment to “reviving Americ’as coal industry, which has been hurting for too long” and declare “a brighter future depends on energy policies that stimulate our economy, ensure our security, and protect our health”. Whilst there remains no mention of global warming and damage to the environment, Trump’s energy plan does reference a need to ensuring clean air and waters. The website reads, “our need for energy must go hand-in-hand with responsible stewardship of the environment” moving on to claim that “protecting clean air and clean water, conserving our natural habitats, and preserving our natural reserves and recourses will remain a high priority”.

It appears, Trump’s disregard of rising global temperatures and sea levels have not been met just yet with a complete denial of the damage already done to our environment and his new energy plan seeks to tackle the prolonged protection of American resourses and environments.

Trump’s actions move him more in line with a digital age of presidency in which the POTUS presence on social media and wider digital platforms provides important indication of the term time to follow. His immediate decision to update the White House website is evident of the new age in which social media and digital actions provide evidence of the bold differences between the old and new administrations. The White House website update is the presidential version of a twitter clapback and Trump’s alterations send his message out loud clear.