The Autumn Literary Festival will celebrate UEA’s 50th anniversary by playing host to a line-up of critically acclaimed writers and a Noble Prize winner. To mark the anniversary celebrations all of the speakers are UEA Alumni who have gone on to great success since completing their studies.

Salon_du_livre_de_Paris_2011_-_Ian_McEwan_-_003

The much anticipated festival will see writers such as Ian McEwan, a former MA creative writing student at UEA, in an informal interview setting. Christopher Bigbsy, a fellow of the Royal Society of Literature and the Royal Society of Arts will be interviewing the speakers and taking questions for an audience Q&A.

The Whitebread Award for Music and Silence winner Rose Treiman will open the festival on Wednesday the 2nd of October. She was recently introduced as Chancellor here at UEA and her latest book Merivel: A Man of His Time has been shortlisted for the Walter Scott Prize for Historical Fiction just this year.

The Festival gives a rare chance to see some of the biggest names in contemporary writing up close and in person. The Literary Festivals of previous years have always been big events on campus, with students from all subjects eager to learn the secret of ‘making it’.
The four times (Man) Booker Prize nominated Kazuo Ishiguro will end the festival in late November in a free welcome to all event. His novels include A Pale View of Hills (1982), Remains of the Day (1989), When We Were Orphans(2000) and Never Let Me Go (2005).

The Literary Festival is always an interesting, thought provoking and funny event. To get your ticket head down to the UEA Box Office.