On Tuesday 30 October, UEATV held their first 48 Hour Film Challenge screening.

Held at the Norwich Forum, the evening saw the products of over thirty of UEATVs’ members who produced the short films in only two days.

Industry professionals awarded those who participated for their contributions.

The awards included: Best Dialogue; Team Yellow – ‘Freddy 4 Eyes’ by Alex Clark, Gil Omer, Cyman Maglio and Justin Cheetham.

Best Editing was awarded to Team Fuschia – ‘Blood Money’ by Joyce Lui, Mason Boswerth, Alexandra, Natalie Ayuba and Aaron Jimms.

Most Entertaining Film was won by Team Magenta – ‘Marty Sparks goes missing’ by Alfie Kirk, Zanna Louis, Vaira Unguraityte, Ben Moxon and Bobby/

Best Direction went to Team Red – ‘Ernest’, by Samantha Hickey, Phil Stewart, Adam Broughton and Rory Scott.

Best Use of Sound/Music was awarded to Team Indigo – ‘University Challenge’ by Georgia Levy, Kinzen Yamaguchi, Matthew Branston and Hayden.

Best Acting was won by Team Teal – ‘A Rose By Any Other Name’ by Felix Brown, Sergio Rodriguez, Bo Zhong, Jeven Wang and Jess O’Dwyer.

Most Comedic Film was awarded to Team Blue – ‘A Umbrella Comes to Town’ by Ned McCrossan, Merrley Yokalingham, Sam Watcham , Yolanta C-M and John Apostolopoulos.

Most Creative Narrative/Direction was given to Team Yellow – ‘DO NOT’ by Sophie Leach, Sarah Cox, Jessica Wise, Anthony Corless and Persia Humphreys.

Alex Smith told Concrete: “it was a fantastic night which allowed some of UEA s filmmaking community to come together and celebrate what we can accomplish in such a small amount of time. I hope that we can have more events like this in the future, and keep encouraging filmmakers to challenge themselves.”