The Union of UEA Students have announced their campaign priorities for 2014-15, including campaigns against cuts to disability support and opposition to accomodation fee rises.

The campaign priorities mark a shift from previous years, where the student union has focused on academic issues, such as exam feedback and anonymous marking. While the union will continue to act in its traditional role as an advocate for students’ academic experience, it is also set to focus on four broad issues: cost of living, employment, postgraduate and international student fees, and opposing cuts to student disability support.

The specific campaign pledges include: pushing for all workers at UEA and in Norwich to be paid the living wage; pushing for accomodation fee increases to only rise in line with government maintenance grants; pushing to reduce hidden course costs; calling on UEA to publically oppose cuts to disability support and to fill any funding gap for disability support; calling on UEA to cap postgraduate fees and pushing for a guarantee that international students pay the same fees for the duration of their course.

The campaigns were launched at a Student Forum on Thursday 25th September, where union officers took to the stage to explain the campaigns and invite people to take part.

Details of the campaigns can be found at www.ueastudent.com/ourcampaigns