Benjamin Francis Leftwich plays the Waterfront 19 October

Norwich Waterfront has built a stellar reputation ever since its founding in 1991.

The venue was initially established as a showcase for local talent after a large campaign in the 1980s for a venue for Norwich and Norfolk musicians.

As well as a hub for local talent and host to some incredible club nights, many up and coming acts from all over the world have taken to its intimate stage, including Nirvana, Radiohead and MGMT to name a very few.

Arguably one of Norwich’s finest venues, it continues its flawless streak of diverse and quality acts this term with everybody from Alt-J to Azealia Banks.

First up are rising fun rockers the The Maine on the 27 September, who hail from Arizona. On this side of the Atlantic we have Dan Le Sac, taking a break from his collaboration partner Scroobius Pip (who also performed at the Waterfront last year) to showcase solo material.

Garage rockers the Jim Jones Revue perform on the 18 October, and with a reputation for incredible high energy shows this is one not to be missed in such an intimate venue.

Acclaimed indie stars Benjamin Francis Leftwich and Django Django land in Norwich on the 19 and 20 October respectively. The Waterfront will also play host to the long awaited Norwich return of The Cribs on 24 October, as well as The Mystery Jets on 9 November.

If it’s oldies that you’re looking for, ex-Joy Division and New Order bassist Peter Hook and his band The Light will perform Joy Division’s seminal album Unknown Pleasures in its entirety on 21 November.

The Waterfront also regularly plays host to some of the finest tribute bands out there, with The Doors Alive and Whole Lotta Led taking to the stage towards the end of November.

This term at the Norwich Waterfront boasts a phenomenal programme and adds yet another layer of fine artists and discoveries that you would be mad to miss at a truly formidable pillar of the Norwich music establishment.

Make sure that you check out the UEA Box Office website for all the latest tickets and information, including the latest bookings for the LCR.