UEA Women’s Rugby stormed to one of the first victories of the day with an incredible 53-5 victory over Essex.

Essex proved no competition for the formidable women’s that were out in full force and proved early on they meant business.

By half time, UEA were already winning by a considerable margin and used the second half to seal the win with one Essex supporting remarking “by this point I’m supporting UEA”.

This was just the latest in a string of success for the team, who won England Rugby’s ‘Female Rugby Team of the Year’ just last week.

Concrete spoke to Captain Joely Sockett, who was clearly ectastic after their immense win.

She said: “We were so, so excited, it’s our last opportunity to play as a team, because a lot of us are leaving this year, so for us it was our last game to really go all out and show what we’ve learnt over our three years at UEA.”

The team gelled fantastically together, and Joely gave a nod to their rivals.

“Essex gave us a great defence, and an excellent game for us to play. I’m so proud of everyone, we had a brilliant time on the pitch and I couldn’t have asked for a better team to play with today”.

It was clearly an emotional day for the girls who were off to support the boys straight after (who sadly lost in the dying seconds). On their plans for the rest of the day, Joely said: “We just want to go and support UEA and have a really great day with everyone and just be upbeat and positive”.