The yoga club is one of UEA’s largest sport clubs with an annual intake of over 200 members. All genders, all levels, all abilities are welcome. They are an inclusive club which offers 12 sessions a week in a variety of yoga styles from vinyasa flows to Sivananda, all taught by experienced and qualified yoga teachers. No experience is necessary with the wide variety of classes catering to all levels. The committee itself is a very welcoming group who are a wide variety of levels from beginner to qualified yoga teacher. Yoga is a non-competitive sport; a welcoming community of individuals.

Last year was a very successful year for the club as they had their highest intake of members ever. They also increased their social media presence and had some very successful and well attended socials, both alcoholic and non-alcoholic. They organised an aerial-yoga session for a group social which involved a dynamic yoga flow with the support of a yoga hammock for that weightless, upside-down, deep stretch. Other social events include morning yoga and brunch, and the annual surf and yoga weekend trip which is always a big hit.

Club President, Berce Serzer, says this year they aim “to get more and more people from all sports, societies, and interests doing and experiencing yoga, to make our club as inclusive as possible and to be a strong community this year”. They also plan to do more aerial and acro-yoga socials and create more opportunities to work with students during high stress periods of exams and deadlines; working with other sports clubs and societies during UEA’s mental health and wellbeing campaign.

UEA Yoga Club is easily contactable through Facebook, Instagram and the club email, ueayogaclub@gmail.com.

For this club, everything is about keeping fit, moving mindfully, and creating community.