1/3 of medicine students no longer wish to study medicine

An online poll conducted by online student forum The Student Room has revealed that 37% of medicine students polled on the website no longer wish to study medicine.

The survey, which was taken by 1,550 students, found that those studying medicine wished to end their studies as a result, of the Health Secretary, Jeremy Hunt’s, proposed changes to contracts.

The result of the poll comes in the wake of the news that the British Medical Association announced plans for junior doctors to take strike action across England on 12th January.

Jack Willington, Community Director at The Student Room, said that contract changes posed “one of the most significant challenges to the NHS we’ve seen in recent years”. He added that “While major budget cuts have had a direct impact on the NHS and its staff in the present, this latest cut threatens the lifeblood of the UK’s future medical workforce: students”.

November 2015 saw junior doctors vote by a huge majority to go on strike, with 98% voting in favour of strike action, and 99.4% of the doctors that said no saying they would take part in protests, short of a strike.

The strike will take place between 08:00 and 17:00 on the day of the strike.

12/01/2016

eleastreet

123
45678910
11121314151617
18192021222324
25262728293031
    1
    2
    3