My 2021 Arts Resolution: Learning to use Adobe Illustrator

Through working for Concrete over the past two years, I have grown to love and enjoy graphic design, working with Adobe and spending hours fighting over the placement of an author’s name on the Travel section spread. I am keen to use my rather expensive subscription for more personal uses over the coming year (which will hopefully benefit my career), so I have committed to learning how to use Adobe Illustrator.

As one of the more creative of Adobe’s software, Illustrator allows the creation of digital art, stunning graphics, and it is honestly just fun to play around with. I have signed up to a Skillshare class to do this and, one lesson in, I am already loving it. I created a lovely blue fox, which I have named Bluey (inventive, I know). I am so excited to see where this class takes me. I look forward to the day when I can create my own designs and pieces that I can hopefully share with the world, but most importantly I am unbelievably excited to have a brand-new avenue in creativity for 2021!

19/01/2021

Sam Hewitson

Sam Hewitson

Travel Editor - 2019/20

Editor-In-Chief - 2020/21

February 2021
1234567
891011121314
15161718192021
22232425262728